Wednesday, June 24, 2009

7 weeks and u/s fears

We have made it to 7 weeks! Now I am on pins and needles until Friday morning when I get the viability ultrasound. Needless to say I won't rest until I see some heartbeat!

What I learned about 7 weeks stuff:
During pregnancy week 7 your baby will grow tremendously, up to 13 mm in length! Your baby is much closer to the size of a large blueberry or small grape by 7 weeks pregnant than a pea.

If you were to look directly at your baby you would still be able to see slight webbing in the fingers and toes during pregnancy 7 weeks. Teeth are also starting to form on the inside of your baby's mouth, and thin veins start to peer out from beneath your baby's skin. Your baby's intestines and appendix should be formed by now. By this time your baby's liver is working diligently to start producing red blood cells. Your baby should be bouncing right along in his comfy and warm home!

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling.. I'll be thinking of you on Friday. BTW, when is your EDD? Mine is 2/12/10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish you good luck!! ust had my first little boy, such a wonderful experience. If you are thinking of names by the way, check out http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ where you can search names by meaning and origin. My little boy is called Marlow and he is just perfect. Fingers are crossed everything goes well for you xx

    ReplyDelete